Perhaps it is not intended to be a competition, but few will succeed. The prize is the opportunity to vote.
In this country politicians say they want more people to vote. Is this joke meant to help?
A few days ago our household received a form which listed the names on of those entitled to vote. With the form came a slip of paper (code number DTL/T3) containing the instructions below. Read it and laugh, or weep!
Why is it important? Because if Christians don’t vote and engage with politics we will not see righteousness exalt our nation.
“Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34
24 HOUR AUTOMATED TELEPHONE REGISTRATION WITH CHANGES TO THE EDITED REGISTER COLUMN
If all of the printed details on your voter registration form are correct, but you wish to change the ticks in the edited register column, you will need to key in an option depending on whether none (option 1), all (option 2), or some (option 3) electors wish to opt out of the edited register.
1. Dial the free phone number on your registration form.
2. When asked, key in the 10 digit unique reference number on the registration form.
3. When asked, key in your chosen option number 1,2 or 3.
4. If you keyed in 1 or 2 you will now be told none or all electors have opted out of the edited register and asked to confirm by pressing the 1 or 2 key again.
5. If you keyed in 3 you will now be asked to key in the number printed at the beginning of the line of each elector who wishes to opt out, even if they have opted out before. When you have keyed in all the line numbers press the # key. You will now be told which electors have opted out of the edited register and you will be asked to confirm by pressing the # key.
6. You will now be told that your registration is complete and that you should not return the registration form.